Saturday, March 9, 2013

High Waisted Shorts

I love finding old clothes at Sal Val, especially when they can be turned into something cute! When I came across these vintage  Levi's "mom jeans" I couldn't wait to give them a new life.



Supplies
- a pair of "mom jeans"
- scissors
- chalk or pencil
- ruler


Make sure the pair of jeans you get is really old. When I found these I knew they were perfect. I adore the buttons! It really adds character to the shorts :)








Try on the jeans and mark with a pencil or chalk where you will want them to hit when you're done. Make sure mark both the inside and outside seam of the jeans.




Draw a straight line between the two marks you just made. Then cut the jeans.



Fold the shorter leg over and trace the length so they are even. Then cut this leg as well.





You can leave the shorts as is or cuff the raw edges. I wanted to give them a messier look so I pulled at the raw edge until it began to  fray.
Try them on and you're ready to go!







P.S. Pin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment