Lately I've been seeing a bunch of bracelets and key chains that are made out of zippers and I think it's really really cool. My favorite is when they have the metal zipper. The other day I destroyed a pair of old jeans for part of a quilt. I saw the zipper and thought that would make a perfect key chain!
Supplies
- zipper
- needle
- thread
Make sure your zipper is roughly three inches long. I tucked the ends of mine under so they wouldn't get in the way.
Cut both of the edges of the zipper in half. This will help with the heart shape.
Unzip the zipper and pull the two outer corners down and together.
Thread the needle and tack the two corners together. Don't worry about keeping it neat, the zipper pull will cover all of the sewing.
After tacking the corners together, sew them to bottom of the zipper.
Sew around the inside edge of the heart to keep it from fraying.
Attach it to a chain or just leave it as is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment