Monday, June 4, 2012

Paper Heart Garland

Hello again! I finally got around to writing my first tutorial! Without further delay, here it is.



 



Supplies-
3+ Sheets of Paper
Scissors
Pencil
Sewing Machine


I always have a TON of old sheet music laying around. It's mostly old, easy music that I have outgrown and I know I wont miss. What better way to recycle it that making cute decorations? You could use any kind of paper for this; at the moment I really want to try out paper from an old book. Sadly, I don't have an old book I could destroy creatively use at the moment. 

You are going to start by drawing different sizes of hearts on your paper. On the top sheet of paper I drew one large, one medium, and two small.

Then, with your other pages underneath, cut out your hearts (so you get them all done at once) and lay them in the order you want next your sewing machine.


Now here comes the cool part-- sewing them together. Most people think sewing machines are only for material, but it works really well on paper too! Don't worry if you hear a weird hole punching noise as the paper goes through the machine, it's just the needle puncturing the paper. I set my machine to a longer stitch, but it really doesn't matter, it's by personal preference.

As you sew them together, leave only a few centimeters between each heart. This way your hearts will be less likely to flip over when you hang your garland up.

That's it! Now you can proudly hang your garland up in your room or use it as party decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment