Thread Wrapped Headphones
The pair of headphones I have been using are ancient, but they have served their purpose well. The only way I have found to protect the cords of my headphones is to wrap them with embroidery thread ( you know, the stuff you make friendship bracelets out of!) I love that there is such a wide selection of colors, not to mention that it is heavy duty stuff!
Supplies
- Headphones
- embroidery thread
- scissors
Start off by measuring out a really, really long length of thread. I would recommend about your arm-span twice, plus a little to be on the safe side :)
Tie a knot close to any of the thicker parts of the headphone. Make sure not to tie the knot on the thicker part of the headphones, the knot will slide down and loosed the thread around it.
Create a four shape onto of the cord with the loop pointing to the left.
Pull the rest of the thread through the loop and tighten. Repeat these steps until the headphones are covered.
Have fun personalizing your headphones :)
1 comment:
I've been looking for a tutorial on this. This one is perfect! Nice and simple. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment