Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rope Braid Headband

Hello everyone! I hope you had a happy new year and have made new resolutions! My sister and I have both made a resolution to have abs by the summer. I whipped up one of these before we worked out the first time and I can't wait to make more:) Who says you can't look cute while working out?


Supplies
- scissors

- material scrap (at least 3.5 x 18 inches)
- paper clips
- pencil
- elastic (it you aren't using jersey or a relatively stretchy material)

Cut two strips of material, both an inch and a half wide.



Pull the strips of fabric so the edges curl in if you're using jersey.


Paper clip the tops together and place it under something heavy so it wont slip while braiding.


To make the rope braid start by twisting both strips clockwise. Then wrap them together counter-clockwise


Continue this all the way down the strips, paper clipping it off at the bottom.


Cut another strip of material a half inch wide and pull so the edges curl in.


Tie one end to the end of the braided strip, then wrap it around your head to see where it will need to be tied off.



Tie the end onto the other side of the braided strip. Then cut off the excess material.


If you used a fabric that doesn't stretch, sew elastic to the back instead.

That's it! Now you have a stylish headband:)


No comments:

Post a Comment